Sometimes People Make Me Wonder


Sometimes I wonder what people are really thinking, I like to think there are a set of rules for society. These directions for social etiquette seem like a given but are they really? In a public place do you put your feet all over everything like you’re at home? I can’t tell you how many times I’ve witnessed people walk in places barefoot. 
Honestly I find this disgusting first of all people MRSA is a real thing and so is bacteria and second of all you do not know where that floor has been! This statement may make no sense but if you really think about it people walk over all kinds of surfaces, the beach, a sidewalk (where dogs happen to shit excessively), a corporate office or (let’s venture off and assume you live in Oklahoma) a cow paddy. When they walk into your local Starbucks everywhere they have been is now on the floor that you are walking on barefoot. So if you are in a place of food walking barefoot your probably stepped in dog shit, even if it is a really small amount.
No wonder people from other countries find us annoying and gross, it's not even an assumption it's a fact, we are all annoying and gross. At least in some way shape or form but in public is it really that hard to refrain from your annoyingly gross habits? I don't care if you pick your nose and eat it in the privacy of your own home because I don't have to witness it. Walk up to me on the street after you picked your nose in the bathroom and I will literally never know, unless you didn't dispose of the drippings from your nasal passage properly and still have them on your hands (and if that is the case then EWWW) 
Another thing to partner up with my rant about people's lack of hygiene I would also like to bitch about people's lack of clothing. Notice I didn't just say females because we all know that some of the males are VERY guilty of this travesty. The whole chubbies thing, I'm okay with it, not personally attracted to it but hey, to each their own. What I really am going to bitch about is the appropriateness of it all. Let me just put it out there, SOME PEOPLE DO NOT KNOW THEIR LIMITS. If you are above a certain age, and I'm not going to specifically state one because in everything there is always an exception to the rule, please refrain from wearing small shorts. What I should probably say is if your legs are not up to a certain muscle tone or, if your body hair is overwhelming then just follow the finger-tip rule. And no I'm not trying to say if your fat don't wear shorts, because then I would be making a rule about myself. What I'm saying is go a little closer to your knees and don't, I repeat DON'T live by the saying "Sky's out Thighs out." Some things are better left covered. 
Honestly same thing with girls though. I really don't want to go into depth because I would literally have to discuss every pet-peeve I'v ever had about certain pieces of clothing and that could take a while but...Girls and their shorts. Honestly the finger tip rule is total crock of shit, there is not one rule that applies for all because in case you hadn't noticed everyone has a different body type then the person sitting next to them. Long legs, short legs, muscular legs, thin and willowy legs the list could go on forever and there are different types of shorts as well, what I will say is everything is up for interpretation or, it should be. 
I suppose what I'm saying with that last statement is some of you females (and you all know who you are) don't leave anything open to interpretation. No analysis is needed to figure out that body of yours because as I live and breathe that shit is out there for the world to see. If I know about that awkward cellulite fat dimple you have on the back of your left leg right below your ass cheek, then your shorts are too damn short. If I can see your ass cheek in the first place you and your mother should have had a discussion before you walked out that door this morning. DENIM UNDERWEAR SEEMS TO BE THE NEWEST FASHION. Literally something I say everyday ask any one of my friends. 
Maybe I'm being a little hypocritical because Lord knows I had a minor problem with hem-lines as I entered into high school. It was one of those issues that was severely assisted by my large buttocks (anyone with this problem knows what I'm talking about, you look totally good from the front but, in the back you're inches away from a public unveiling of your behind). But I like to think as I have matured that I have made great strides to dress better for my body type. So maybe appropriateness comes with age, in that case it's your parents job to make your life miserable by not letting you buy the booty shorts until you can see it for yourself.
With that I think my rant is coming to a close, mainly because I don't have enough time in the world to wittily discuss my pet-peeves about teenage fashion. If you have a comment for me or a suggestion don't hesitate criticism allows growth!
-Leah Q.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Diamonds Are a Girl's Most Sparkliest Best Friend

The (Unfinished) Story of Us